Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Preparing for a New Trip to Africa

It has been just over 2 years since Andrea and I had our first trip to Africa. They say that those who visit will fall in love with it and always return. That has certainly been the case for me and Andrea. She has been in Tanzania for a month studying Swahili at the University of Dar es Salaam. The rest of the family leaves to meet her in Nairobi on Thursday, July 7th. My main regret from my last trip was not being able to share the experience with Darla, Alyssa and Nate. Well, the whole family is joining in on this trip. We'll see what they think about it! I'm a bit apprehensive, wondering if this trip can possibly live up to the last one. Can we all share in such amazing, life changing experiences? Will they see and live the things that we did last time so that they can understand the connection that we made last time? I'm sure it will be different, but I pray it will be as powerful. As they say, it's in God's hands. May he bless this adventure, and bless the missions that we are about to partake.

No comments:

Post a Comment