Friday, October 9, 2009

Conclusion

They say that those who go to Africa fall in love with it and will always return. There is truth in that saying. We have been back from Africa for almost three months, but my mind wanders back there daily. I think back to the people we met, the incredible experience we had, and the inspiration we gained. In that letter I wrote to Andrea before we left, I wrote “…this African adventure will give you a great opportunity to reflect. Reflect upon your life, your goals, your dreams, maybe even your purpose. The Brentwood bubble will be burst, and you will see what the majority of the world is like. I hope that you (we!) will see God at work, and learn more about how He can work in us and through us. If we really try to stop, look, listen, and pay attention to what God can show us on this trip, it will make us better people…”. Amen! Little did I know how true those words would turn out to be!

1 comment:

  1. Great movie and story my friend. You managed to articulate in words, music and motion picture the heart of the Gospel. When we reach out to help others, we also help ourselves. This story will inspire millions. Thank you for the hard work in telling the story.

    ReplyDelete